South West Grid for Learning Trust Ltd (referred to as “SWGfL”, “SWG”, “the Grid”, “Our”, “We” and “Us”) operates StopNCII.org (website) and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy Notice (together with our terms and conditions (at swgfl.org.uk/terms) and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
SWGfL is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee. We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which includes any subsidiaries or holding companies as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006, should such subsidiaries or holding companies exist.
South West Grid for Learning Trust Ltd: Belvedere House, Woodwater Park, Pynes Hill, Exeter, EX2 5WS. A charitable trust company registered in England and Wales. Company Number: 5589479, Charity Number: (England and Wales) 1120354 (Scotland) SC051351, VAT Number: GB 880 861 888.
- This Privacy Notice explains how we use and protect your personal data for the purposes of your use of www.StopNCII.org. When you access the website, we collect limited personal data and process no more personal data than is necessary.
- For the purposes of UK data protection legislation, we are the Controller for processing personal data where you have:
- accessed our website; and/or
- used our services via our website;
- We may employ third party companies and/or individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. To the extent that they require access to personal data (and where we are unable to achieve the desired outcome by providing them with this data in an anonymised manner), we will disclose your personal data only where:
- the third party agrees to use it only for the agreed function(s) and not for any other purposes; and
- the third party agrees to process the personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK’s data protection legislation.
Our use of your personal data
- By using our website, you consent to us processing your personal data including:
- your email address;
- disclosure that you are under or over 18 years of age; and
- your IP Address
- We will use this information:
- to create a secure PIN for your use and to prevent other people from accessing your data within the website; and
- to deliver appropriate and accurate content to you and your device from within the website.
- We process your personal data with your consent as above or as necessary: (i) to protect your vital interests, (ii) for the purposes of Our or a third party’s legitimate interests (to correspond or communicate with you; to verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a user of our services; for network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access; for prevention of fraud and other criminal activities; for the management of queries, complaints, or claims; and for the establishment and defence of our legal rights); or (iii) for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- To fulfill your request(s) to remove your hashed images from social media services and other information society services, your personal data will be shared with those services which may be outside the United Kingdom. Where appropriate, and in the absence of derogations under Article 49 of the UK General Data Protection Regulation, we put in place contractual controls and procedures with such service providers to adequately protect your rights.
- We will retain personal data only for as long as is necessary. When you withdraw your consent to processing of any hashed images, we will erase your hashes from our systems and instruct industry partners to do so too. Please be aware, however, that once industry partners become aware of a hash which violates their policies, they reserve the right to continue removing that content.
- More information about how long we store information is available in our Retention Policy which is available on request.
- We will store any information you provide to us on our secure servers or on secure servers provided by our service providers.
- Our website places only cookies on your computer that are strictly necessary to enable us to provide the services to you.
- Specifically, we use Google (Re) Captcha in both “Create” or “Withdraw” screens. The link here describes the cookies. https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/faq#does-recaptcha-use-cookies.
- Where we process personal data relating to you, you have the following rights:
- the right to be informed that your personal data is being used or stored by us. This Privacy Notice advises you of this;
- the right to access a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- the right to object to direct marketing by unsubscribing from it;
- the right to object to processing carried out on the basis of legitimate interests;
- the right to erasure of information we use or hold that relates to you;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- the right to have your data rectified if its inaccurate or incomplete.
- Please note that some of these rights are not absolute and may be subject to exemptions which we may rely upon.
- If you are concerned about any aspect of our processing or personal data, please contact us. Contact details are provided below.
- Should we fail to resolve your concerns, you have the right to complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please read this notice carefully and contact us if you have any queries by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or by writing to:
The Head of Privacy
South West Grid for Learning Trust
Or by telephone on: 0345 601 3203
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice from time to time and suggest that you review it periodically. This version of the Privacy Notice was last updated in November 2021.